This widely used textbook continues to provide students with an introduction to International Organisations, exploring their rise, their development in the 20th century and accounting for their significance in the modern international political and economic system.
New material for this 4th edition includes:
- The post-Cold War history of International Organizations
- Debates around global governance
- Changing functions and structures of the UN, EU. ASEAN, NATO etc.
- Enlarged discussion of regionalism and regional organisations
- Critical and post-positivist theories