Choose the legal entity with the best legal and tax advantages
Whether you are starting a new business or thinking about an existing one, the big question is "which legal structure is best?" The answer has important legal and tax consequences.LLC or Corporation?
- the basics of all business entities
- why sole proprietorships and partnerships are usually a poor choice
- how to avoid being personally liable for business debts
- how profits and losses are taxed in all business entities
- how to convert from one business entity to another
- doing business beyond your state
Making the right choice will affect your bottom line in many ways -- from what you pay in taxes to your ability to seek money from investors. LLC or Corporation? is packed with real-world examples to help you make the best choice for your company.
This edition has been thoroughly and usefully updated with the latest resources for business owners and contains completely updated information regarding the tax status of small business entities. This book has downloadable interactive forms.