- Includes many new FDA-approved drugs, as well as updated information about drug selection and use that reflects both research data and clinical experience.
- Presents information in a clear, concise manner, classifying drugs according to their pharmacological activity and mechanism of action.
- Includes separate, updated chapters on nutritional supplements and herb preparations, drugs used in the treatment of obesity, and medication-induced movement disorders.
- Provides a wealth of data for each drug: chemical name; preparation and dosages; pharmacologic actions; indications for use and clinical applications; use in children, elderly persons, and pregnant and nursing women; side effects and adverse and allergic reactions; and drug-drug interactions.
- Reflects DSM-5 classification guidelines throughout.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Customize for your language, including right-to-left reading, vertical writing, and enhanced annotation in over 30 languages
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more