Form a California nonprofit corporation
Tens of thousands of arts groups, educators, social service agencies, environmental groups and others have used this bestselling book to form their California nonprofit. Your group can, too.
Obtaining 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status is a lot easier now with the IRS Form 1023-EZ streamlined application. Use this book to form your California nonprofit corporation and obtain your federal and state tax exemptions. We provide step-by-step instructions for both the longer IRS Form 1023 and the streamlined IRS Form 1023-EZ application.How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California
shows you how to:
- choose a corporate name and structure
- prepare and file articles of incorporation
- qualify as a 501(c)(3) public charity
- obtain federal and state tax-exempt status
- create bylaws
- set up a corporate records book
- prepare minutes of your first board meeting and
- handle post incorporation filings and tasks.
This new edition is completely updated to cover changes to the law.